Impact Aid Resource
- Mascoutah School District Impact Aid FAQ
- Military Impacted Schools Association (MISA)
- National Association of Federally Impacted Schools (NAFIS)
- Qmlativ Impact Aid Form
At the time of this video's production (2014), Wingate Elementary School had not been built. In addition various individuals associated with the district in 2014 may no longer be serving MCUSD19.
KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
"Most parents today express concerns about child abuse, how to recognize it and prevent it. Perhaps the single greatest deterrent to abuse is communication and talking to children from the time they are very young through adolescence. Parents who communicate, encourage and model are much more likely to raise strong, empowered children.
"Talking to a child about abuse, particularly sexual abuse, is a frightening proposition for many parents. While this fear is understandable, there are a number of ways parents can talk to children that will help them feel safer and more confident rather than fearful and mistrusting” (International Center for Abuse Prevention, 2017).
Please use these resources to learn what you can do to keep your child safe.
LINKS FOR PARENTS
- Presenting Child Abuse and Neglect For Parents
- Parenting to Prevent Abuse ICA (International Center for Abuse Prevention) Website
- Protective Factors to Promote Well-Being
- Keeping Children Safe: SafeHome.org Resources