- Oct 1 PTO Dewey's Pizza Fundraiser (4-10)
- Oct 4 Spirit Day for October
- Oct 10 Picture retake day and class pictures
- Oct 11 No school (Teacher Inservice)
- Oct 14 No school (Columbus Day)
- Oct 15 PTO meeting at the Wingate Library 6:00
- Oct 18 PTO Trunk or Treat 6:00 - 7:30 (Cars can start setting up at 5:00)
- Oct 18-19 Savers Thrift Store FUNDrive
- Oct 23 Apex Fun Run (Obstacle Course Fundraiser for PBIS)
- Oct 23 Parent / Teacher Conferences 5:00 - 8:00
- Oct 24 Parent / Teacher Conferences 12:00 - 8:00
- Oct 25 No School
- Oct 28-Nov 1 Red Ribbon Week at WES
Cafeteria Fees (19 days)
- Regular Breakfast $26.60
- Regular Lunch $45.60
- Reduced Breakfast $5.70
- Reduced Lunch $7.60
This year, Parent-Teacher Conferences will take place on the following schedule:
- Oct. 23th, from 5-8 p.m.
- Oct 24th, from 12-8 p.m.
We will be sending out a "Sign up Genius" for you to select your time. These conferences provide an opportunity for parents and teachers to come together in planning for the success of their students.
Word of the Month: Responsibility
Responsibility is October's word of the month. Responsibility happens when you are willing to be accountable for your own actions without blaming others.
WES Trunk or Treat!
We will be having this fun family event on Oct 18th. Families can participate in the trunk decorating contest. We will have some games and lots of candy treats. Information to reserve your spots will be coming home. Students can dress up and trick or treat through the trunks that are set up in the parking lot. There will be a $5 charge per family for students to travel through but it is free to families that set up a trunk. This is for Wingate families only.
To ensure the safety of your child at dismissal it is important that they have a regular dismissal schedule in place. Parents are advised not to make frequent changes. If a change must be made please follow these procedures:
- All non-emergency changes must be in writing, dated, and signed by a parent.
- Plan Ahead... A note received in the morning provides the student with a sense of security during the school day. Last-minute changes can be confusing and difficult to communicate to the teacher and staff in a timely manner.
- Phone calls to the office should be made only in cases of an emergency.
- We understand some changes can happen during the day. In light of the above procedures, please try to make arrangements that will not interfere with your child’s regular routine (i.e. have a friend or family member pick your child up at their usual bus stop or spot at school).
- Also, please do not send notes via emails. There is a good chance the email will not be seen before dismissal.
- Without a note, the student will be dismissed as usual.
Thank you for your cooperation, support, and patience in helping to provide a safe dismissal for our students.
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is the time we celebrate living a drug free, healthy life. The theme this year is, “Send a message—Stay Drug Free”. We will be celebrating this on October 28th - November 1st. We have special days planned all week. Each day will be a different way that students will be able to show their support for staying drug free. Information on the days will be circulated as the date gets closer.
We are always looking for ways to get students involved in their school. The 5th grade students have started the Safety Patrol program. They will be helping students in the halls at drop off and dismissal. 4th grade students will have the opportunity to join the environmental club. This organization facilitates the recycling program for the entire building. They also do projects to help our environment and have meetings to learn how we all can help.
Apex Fun Run
The school fundraiser this year will be a fun run through an obstacle course. Students will take pledges for the number of times they are able to run through the course during a time period. Parents are invited to come cheer on their child when they run. The schedule will be presented to parents soon.
Picture Retake Day
Students who did not have their picture taken at the first setting will have the chance to get their yearbook photo snapped. Also if you purchased pictures and would like to have the photographer try again send back the complete packet and we will take another picture. We will also be taking class photos. This year we are mixing things up and posing the students on the playground. Parents may purchase the class pictures through Lifetouch.com. Information about purchasing pictures will be sent home this week.